So, if you’ve read my last few posts, you know I’m currently trying out an experiment to boost my weight loss rate. Don’t worry – I’m not shooting for anything unhealthy. It’s just slowed down quite a bit and I’d like to see it back around 1-2 pounds per week.
My first experiment to remedy this was to increase my protein intake. For the last 3 weeks I’ve been shooting for 50% protein in comparison to fats and carbs. If I saw at least some weight loss each week with this plan, then I’d continue doing it.
Now that the 3 weeks is over, I can happily say that it has worked! I’ve lost about 2.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. It’s still not exactly the rate I’d like but that’s way better than where I’ve been lately. Yay!
Here’s where it gets fun.
Apparently I wasn’t getting in as much protein as I thought. Take it from me people – reading nutrition labels is important! You’d think I’d know that after all this time. But yesterday, I discovered that I’ve been eating something pretty regularly in the last few weeks that I thought was high in protein (low in everything else) when, in fact, it’s high in carbs and only ok in protein. Doh!
So this brings my whole experiment into question because I suspect my protein percentage will be quite a bit different if I go back and correct my food tracker. BUT I have been losing weight faster so SOMETHING has been working.
I guess all I can do is correct my tracker and see where that puts me. Maybe I’ve still been hitting high protein but replacing this high-carb item will accelerate things more. Or maybe I’ll see something else entirely that may be helping me lose.
Stay tuned. I’ll let you know what I find out! 😊