I’m happy to say that I’m going to be making some very exciting changes to my blog soon. For several weeks now, I’ve been thinking about where I’d like to take things from here and I’ve finally settled on a new direction that feels right.
When I first started this blog it was for me and me alone. All I cared about was holding myself accountable and having an avenue through which I could think through the challenges and victories I knew I’d face.
For a while now, I’ve felt like I finally “get” the idea of building healthy, sustainable habits. That knowledge has come with a desire to expand my blog in the following ways:
- Focused Direction. I’m going to step away from random, casual posts and concentrate on posts geared toward a themed approach to building healthy habits that I’m really excited to explore.
- Re-branding. Challenge: 30 to Life is going to be re-branded to Healthy Rewrite to match my new long-term goals and the themed approach mentioned above.
- Sharing. I’d like to eventually connect my blog to a Facebook group or something similar dedicated to sharing resources and ideas for establishing a healthy lifestyle. This may be a little ways down the road, still.
With these changes are going to come updated goals. My personal mission will remain the same. I may understand healthy habits more but I still have a long way to go before I’ll feel comfortable saying I can maintain them without effort. Plus I still have a fair amount of weight I’d like to drop.
That being said I will also be adding some new objectives surrounding the themed approach I want to take. With that approach, I’d like to:
- Advocate a sense of control and ownership over getting healthy. This was always one of my biggest struggles.
- Promote constant education through healthy resources and trial-and-error learning.
- Emphasize the fun side of being healthy. It’s not as difficult to find as it may seem!
- Encourage support of others facing health struggles and celebration of the little victories that come with overcoming those struggles.
I want to explore all of these concepts in more of a group setting in addition to my blog – hence the Facebook group. What it really comes down to is connection through commonalities. I’ve learned a lot about everything above so I want to help others who have the same struggles I’ve had. And I want to learn what others have done and had success with.
I’ve come to believe that lifelong healthy habits require constant tweaking and adaptation. So what better way is there to do that than by constant sharing of ideas? That’s what I’d like Healthy Rewrite to be about and I’m excited for the transition!