When I first started this blog, I outlined what I referred to as my Weight Loss Bucket List. Because I’m a total list person, this seemed like a reasonable way to keep myself somewhat on track. It worked for a little while – basically up to the point that I fell off track with everything else.
Since I’m refreshing everything else I figured it was time to refresh my list too and reclassify it as my Healthy Bucket List. I’m no longer focused on losing weight in a certain amount of time. Instead, my focus is on breaking my bad habits and adapting new healthy ones.
- Complete the entire P90X program. – DONE
- 400 Hours Challenge. At the beginning of 2015 my husband and I challenged each other to complete 400 hours of activity by the end of the year. Neither of us succeeded but I’m still leaving this one on the table.
- Specific workout challenges – the ones that normally last for about 30 days. The ones I’m thinking about are:
- Push ups
- Sit ups
- Ride a century. Yep, that’s a 100 miles on a bike!
- Learn to paddle board. I’ve recently moved to sunny Tampa Bay. It’s the perfect opportunity to learn something new that’s fun and physical at the same time!
- 30-day HIIT workout.
- Learn a martial art. I don’t know why, it’s just always sounded interesting.
- Join a softball league. I’ve wanted to do this for years!
- Boxing classes. Can you imagine a better stress reliever?
- Complete the Insanity program. Yet another Beachbody program that I love and would like to finally complete.
- Take up roller blading. This is another just-because item.
- Try hip hop classes.
- Complete every hiking trail in the Tampa area. There are way more than you may think!
- Complete a full marathon. My husband will read this and say “Noooooooooo!” – mostly because he’s afraid he’ll be looped into it too. I honestly don’t know if I will ever get to this one but I haven’t decided for sure.
- Compile a healthy food recipe book. I’ve always wanted to put together a recipe book because I love experimenting with food. Might as well make it healthy!
As before, I have a page dedicated to my Healthy Bucket List and I’ll continue to update it as I accomplish items and think of y items to add. I’m excited to get started again!